Saturday, October 25, 2008

6.9 - Smashed


Buffy, I'm gonna get freaky with you.

sincerely, Spike


***


Holy geez!

Well, first off, Amy is back. Willow, now being all super powerful, has figured out how to transform the rat back into Amy. It's been 3 years. I applaud them for not letting this go and always having the rat cage around and for bringing back such an old plot point.

Willow and Amy do some naughty magic, and it just goes to serve as an example that they are bad, naughty witches who are going to have to be stopped.

Spike thinks his chip doesn't work anymore, but what's really going on is that it doesn't work on Buffy because she came back different after she died. He gets in a big knock down drag out fight with le Buff, and lo and behold, right in the middle of it, she unzips him and they have the most graphic non nude sex scene I ever did see on what was basic television. I don't know how that got that past the censors.

Maybe the FCC thought that they were doing Pilates.

Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the one where they (amy n Willow) go see that creepy crack head Rack? Maybe that's coming. The whole Buffy/Spike thing never did much for me so this episode is not one of my favs. I realize all the fans adore Spike and want him and Buff to be together, but to me by season 6 it just seems slightly pathetic that Buffy could never go through with killing spike. I mean he's evil or was , and tried to kill her many times.

Heath Holland said...

No, the creepy crack head guy is later. Maybe next episode.

I do love Spike. I think he's been through a remarkable journey over the course of the show, and it's not done. I'd even go as far as to say that he is the one character that evolves more than any other in all of Buffydom. He started evil, but he hasn't stayed that way. And just like life, it's not black and white. His character is complicated. He's doing this stuff because he loves Buffy, but he also feels something for others, like Joyce and Dawn. He's very multi-dimensional.
Of all the characters that deserved a spin off movie when Buffy was done, I think Spike is chief among them.