Saturday, October 11, 2008

3.17 - Enemies

Faith and the Mayor conspire to get rid of Angel's soul.

***

Man, for a few minutes in this episode I was pissed. I wanted the writer, Douglas Petrie, to be roasted on a spit. I was shocked that they were going back to the same well again after such a short amount of time.
Turns out the joke was on me. There was more going on that meets the eye, and while I still think that this episode took a very cheap route to get the reactions it wanted, I guess I'm okay with it.

Still pretty bored of the Mayor, though. He doesn't amuse me.

Rating: 6/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this one....had me fooled too. Angel hits Xander. Buffy goes "psyche" And Faith is really sexy! Everyone loves the Mayor, but he's one of my least favorite major villians.

Heath Holland said...

Well, I don't like the Mayor. I did 10 years ago, but for some reason, now I think it's not amusing at all. I hate when he's on the screen. It's always the same thing. He's a completely one dimensional character. He's either acting incredibly Magoo, or he's being dark. There's no range with him whatsoever. I think that was the point, but for my tastes, it doesn't work.
I think I said it in one of my posts, but this season's strong points are not it's overall arc this season, but the personal character episodes like Doppelgangland, the Wish, Band Candy, and Lover's Walk.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..I agree. season 4 is the same way with the stand alones being better. The mayor does take a creepy turn down the road...