Thursday, October 9, 2008

3.4 - Beauty and the Beasts

Oz is suspected of maulings on the High School campus.

***

I suppose this one is alright. My friend M-Batz who posts comments here mentioned on the Phases post that the werewolf costumes went downhill after that episode, and they most certainly did. For whatever reason, they aren't using the awesome full body suit with the huge wolf mask they did in that episode and have opted for a fuzzy suit that leaves the face exposed, which is covered in makeup. It's not terrible, but it's more apelike than wolf like to me.

As for the episode itself, again, it's just alright. I think there's supposed to be a morality tale about guys controlling their temper in here. But it's more of Oz, so that's a good thing.

I guess the real revelation is Buffy finding out that Angel is back and what she does about it.


Rating: 6/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this's certainly a cautionary tale about spouse abuse...This seems like an early Marti episode to me, but I forget...They felt the werewolf costume led to more facial expressions and mobility for the wearer, but I liked the old one much more...Liked Faith in this one, she's still a team player.

Andres Salazar said...

I LOVE this show!
damn, Angel is back....and he's feral. I love the scene of him , crying, grabbing on to her waist.

The end scene with her watching him sleep, I love it, man I'm a sucker now for this show.