Saturday, October 11, 2008

3.16 - Doppelgangland

Vampire Willow is back!

***

Yeah! We've got Anya back as well as Vampire Willow. What's great about this episode is that it allows Alyson Hannigan an opportunity to showcase her various acting techniques. You get the confident evil version, the sweet shy version, and then sweet shy pretending to be evil. I think it's great, and no coincidence that Whedon wrote and directed this one.

I love the character of Anya, and I'm glad that later on she will get to shine. I am a fan of Giles hugging Willow when he finds out she's alive, too. I also love the ending for this episode when Vampire Willow get sent back to her own reality just in time to meet the same fate she did last time. And what she almost says is funny too.

I say this is great. Maybe near perfect.

Rating: 9/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! And how about Angel when he tries to tell the gang that Willow's been turned?! hilarious! Also some cool foreshadowing into Willow's later orientation....

Heath Holland said...

yeah, Willow's sexuality was interesting. I think I'd forgotten about that. Like you mentioned in a previous post, the foreshadowing of the ancient evil very early on and then this, plus even some stuff with Anya, they've been setting up very early on for later down the road.

Andres Salazar said...

DUDES! Dont spoil it for me!!!!


I loved the episode.
I love goth-willow.