Monday, October 20, 2008

5.14 - Crush

Spike confesses his love to Buffy. Meanwhile, Dru is back in town.


***

What a great episode! First off, Spike has been in love with Buffy since the beginning of the season, but he confesses it to her here. I said in the last post, who can blame him? But I can't help feeling really bad for him because at this point, she has not given him anything but rejection and pain. It's not really fair. He's bad, yeah, but he really is trying to change for her. He's so smitten that he's pathetic. And I think it resonates because we've all been there. We've all had that girl that you wanted to impress but who never even noticed you.

And Drusilla is back! Man, I love Drusilla. And she is as hot as the day is long. I think this may be some of the coolest Drusilla ever, because she's not super crazy here. She's still nuts, sure, but she's confident, she's going out and getting what she wants, and she's a complete vampire again, not a fractured shell of one like in season 2. And Juliette Landau (daughter of Martin) plays her so great! She's funny, she's sexy, and she's scary. I can't say enough about her.

And the way they treated Harmony in this episode was pretty awesome too. She calls Spike really funny pet names like "my boo boo."

I think this episode was great, but I really do feel bad for Spike.

Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spike's love's bitch. i can relate:) Feeling better though (on a personal note)