Friday, October 10, 2008

3.12 - Helpless

Buffy is stripped of her power for a Watcher's test.

***

Pretty good stuff here, actually. Again, it's the characters that shine. Coming off of the last episode, which I hated, I was automatically angry and pissed off at Giles for doing what he did, but in the end, he completely redeemed himself. For three seasons I've been wanting him to show some affection to Buffy, to give her a little bit of the fatherly love that she needs, and in this episode he finally does.

I enjoy his going against the Watcher's council as well, knowing full well what the consequences might be, and when those consequences come, he's defiant to the last.

Rating: 7/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hated Giles for what he did here. And really couldn't believe he would. Even if it's done this way for hundreds of years..Whatever. Buffy should of beat his ass. For me, the best part of this one was the psycho vampire. He was so damn funny..."my mom is dead, mostly because I ate her" or something like that... And the polaroids, Ha!.

Andres Salazar said...

I really liked this one. I would have rated it higher.

I am totally bummed that Giles is no longer the watcher!!!

I loved the vampire in this one, wish they were all more menacing.

good stuff.