Monday, October 13, 2008

4.3 - The Harsh Light of Day

Spike is back (and so is Harmony), while Buffy tries to have a normal dating life.

***


I love Spike so much. He's such a great character. I don't care that they moves to the center and isn't as bad as he should be, because he's fun. Even from his first appearance, he was fun. Harmony as a vampire is kind of funny and poetic.

Anya's back and she's not going anywhere for a long time. I love Anya. I think Emma Caulfield is a very talented person and played the character with just the right amount of awkwardness and appeal.

What happens to Buffy with the guy Parker in this episode is too bad. What a jerk. How could you love and leave Sarah Michelle Gellar? What kind of a douche could do that? Anyway, good stuff all around.

Rating: 7/10

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the title. It works on like 4 levels.. everyone waking up to the harshness of the morning after, i.e., Spike/Harmony Buff/Parker and Anya/Xander. Also the more obvious Spike in daylight angle. This marks the 1st crossover to Angel season 1 too as Spike goes to try to retrieve the gem. We also see Spike's keen insight again as he tells Buff "did he play all sensitive and get you to seduce him" or something. Parker is such an ass! Buff has worst luck in love than even I do. Also like the song in this ep. I think it's in there "Lucky Ones" or something

Heath Holland said...

Yep, that song is called "Lucky Ones" by Bif Naked. They also perform "Moment of Weakness" or something like that.

I *may* have acquired a DVD disc of EVERY song ever used in a Buffy or Angel episode, including alternate versions. So when I hear a song I like, such as Lucky Ones, I put it on my Buffy CD file that I'm working on. When I'm done with this show, I'll have all the music I loved on one CD.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! i have 3 cd's of Buffy, that includes the musical, the first one and radio sunnydale.

Andres Salazar said...

not really feeling Anya. I dont get why Xander has to get all these chicks.

I like the concept of Spike, but again, he is not as badassed as he should be.