Saturday, October 18, 2008

5.8 - Shadow

Joyce learns what's wrong with her, and Glory comes closer to discovering Dawn.


***

Good stuff here. First we learn that Joyce has a brain tumor. This is pretty serious stuff for a show about slaying vampires, right? This is one of the reasons I love this show. You have a giant snake coming for Dawn, but at the same time, you are worried about the mom on the show and her brain tumor. It's so soap opera, but it works so well.

I think the CG snake work here looks pretty good for TV special effects, and I even like the practial rubber one for close ups.

Riley does something pretty naughty in this episode and starts fooling around with vampires, letting them feed on him.

Again, I gotta stick up for Riley. What he does is wrong, but he feels alone and not needed. I don't think what he did was out of the realm of understanding.

Rating: 7.5/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate those annoying little grungy minions that Glory has running around...I agree about Riley...he's been getting nothing but the shaft from Buff lately.