Friday, October 17, 2008

4.19 - New Moon Rising


Oz returns to Sunnydale.

***


*sniff*

Oz is back...but he's too late.

This episode has, for me, the most gut wrenching stuff of season 4. It was rough when he left, but you always knew he could come back. There's no coming back from this. It's pretty definite that he's leaving and that Willow brings the wolf out in him.

Lots happened here. Willow comes out to Buffy, makes up her mind that she's most definitely gay, and we have the whole thing with Riley leaving the Initiative. Great stuff. Absolutely gut wrenching.

Turns out Oz has been to Thailand where he has learned that through chanting, some herbs, and some charms, he can beat the wolf and not change. I felt so happy for him. But it can't be. Willow being with Tara causes so much emotion in him that he turns.

And at the end of the episode, we have one door closing as another door opens for Willow and Tara. This one really gets me choked up. So they want Willow to be gay, I understand. You want to diversify your show. But it was Oz! He's so cool. He's as much a part of the show as any other character. This episode is one of those that feels like real life. Just because you want something to happen doesn't mean that it will happen. Sometimes people just miss their window. Sometimes it's too late.

Rating: 9/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah... No comment. That's how I feel with my recently departed girlfriend...Sob. Mike said something on the podacast that really hit me hard. You were talking anime or something...and he said, you can't force someone to watch something, they'll just hate it more. well that's me and my relationship right now (or lack of). I've been forcing it, I'm stupid. I gotta get past this. Sorry, don't mean to go off topic... Yeah Buffy.

Andres Salazar said...

i just started this episode....dudes..I want Oz back!!!

dump the lesbian!

Andres Salazar said...

i hate buffy!!

damn this show!

:P


ok, well, that said...why do they have to do this to us?

pppft on Tara. I call BS on this move.

ok ok
I'm done...

but come on....OZ!!