Wednesday, October 15, 2008

4.12 - A New Man



Giles gets turned into a demon and the only one who can help him is Spike.

***

Bravo!

Jane Espenson actually wrote one that I liked!

This is awesome. Anthony Head gets to carry this episode and really shines as always. Ethan Rayne is back, played by Robin Sachs, and he is excellent as well. The two actors really seem to have a good rapport.

Spike is also pretty fun here, and I really like him as one of the gang. He's not good and he's still got a heart of evil, but he's fun to have around. I love the character.

All in all, this is just Buffy being Buffy, an excellent little show that is funny and touching.

Rating: 8.5/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jane! You go girl. Ha. Yeah it's pretty clever how they neuter Spike, yet he can still kill baddies, so the enemy of my enemy and all that. And it doesn't come off as a plot device considering this season of science. Giles is funny scaring Walsh. A couple of old sorcerers. I like how Ethan gives Giles the heads up about 314. Nice to see stuff like that coming from an unlikely source.

Andres Salazar said...

this was a great episode. I really dig on Giles.

fun, stuff, I think I like the comedy ones more.

AJ

Heath Holland said...

Definitely one of my favorites from this season, Andy. Giles is the man.