Saturday, October 25, 2008

6.8 - Tabula Rasa


Willow uses magic to wipe Tara's memory again. Bad things happen.


***

Man, Willow, you just don't learn. She promised Tara that she'd go a week without magic, but she doesn't even make it a day. She casts something to make Buffy forget that she was in heaven and to make Tara forget that she was mad at Willow. It goes wrong, and every one of our main actors ends up in the Magic Box with their memory wiped. It's an awesome and hilarious episode that gives our cast a chance to play outside the box.

Spike thinks he's Giles son, Giles thinks he's with Anya, etc.

Of course, it can't last, and after all the hilarity, real consequences exist for Willow. Tara leaves, Giles goes back to England, and Michelle Branch sings. It's a moving montage.

Stupid Willow.

Best line, from Spike, thinking his name is Randy:

"Randy Giles? Why didn't you just name me 'Horny Giles, or Desperate for a Shag Giles?!" I knew there was a reason I hated you!"

Rating: 9/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Goodbye to you...goodbye to everything that I Knew"..I actually love that song but unfortunately can't listen to it nevermore. funny how Giles and Anya think they're together cause they always seemed to have a tad bit of flirtatious sexual tension between them in past episodes. Poor Spike, Buffy's really using the shit outta him. Guess he doesn't mind though.

Heath Holland said...

Nah, Spike doesn't mind. Would you?

Anonymous said...

I guess I'd would say no I wouldn't mind, but honestly I probably would in the end.