Thursday, November 6, 2008

7.16 - Storyteller



Andrew narrates the tale of the Slayer of the Vampyres.

***

Jane, I love you! You gave me another show that I can get excited about! It's like a drop of water in an endless desert, refreshing, but gone before I even knew how great it was.

Espenson has crafted a really fun episode that hits all the beats classic Buffy would have, back when Joss cared about this show. Andrew is making a video that chronicles the lives of the gang, and it's really funny. I laughed a lot during this one. It's just hilarious.

Not too much plot, just sealing back up the portal that got opened up a while back. This was really, really, really great. And it's episodes like this that remind you how far the series has gotten from it's roots.

Rating: 9.5/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good episode. Even Andrew mocks Buff's speechifying. Love his whole history rewrite from last seasons showdown with Willow. This season just soooo pissed me off the first time around that this episode was hard to get happy about.