Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2.1 - When She Was Bad

Buffy's been gone all summer, but now she's back, and she's got a bad attitude. Plus, the Anointed is planning on resurrecting the Master.


This episode establishes a fairly dark tone for the second season, and has some really good teases for things to come later. There's a bit of "will they or won't they" with Willow and Xander, and Giles and Ms. Calendar are really starting to get close.

Most of the rest of the episode fails to really ignite my fire, though. The Anointed is trying to bring back the Master, and he has to be stopped. The most entertaining thing about the episode to me was the last line of dialog, delivered by the Anointed just as the credits hit. If there's one thing Buffy as a show does well (and let's face it, there are dozens), it really knows how to end an episode.

I give it 5/10

1 comment:

Andres Salazar said...

I liked this one alot.

Dude, I totally wanted WIllow and Zander to hook up.

There were some good scenes here, I liked the black vampire, too bad got wasted.
Jenny is hot. I agree.
and that dancing with Zander and Buffy. wow. steamy. (I just called something steamy...does that make me old?)

anyways, I liked this episode, a lot.

andy