Sunday, September 28, 2008

1.4 - Teacher's Pet

Xander has a crush on a new substitute teacher who is not what she appears to be.


The dynamic in this episode feels really strong. Xander and Willow really feel like they've been friends since they were 5.

One thing I've forgotten to mention that I missed in the later episodes is the library. In these first three seasons, the library was the hub of all the research and monster discussion. There's something cool about it in a very bookish, Giles-ish way. I loved the library, and I missed it when they moved on. It's REALLY good to be spending a lot of time back in it again. Need a book on how to slay a Praying Mantis Woman? It's over there, in the P's.

I rate this episode 6/10

2 comments:

Andres Salazar said...

this was a fun episode. the mantis costume/creature was interesting. I jsut saw this a couple of days ago.

Heath Holland said...

It's fun, but it's kind of lame when compared to later stuff.