Saturday, September 27, 2008

1.3 - The Witch

Buffy tries out for cheerleading with Amy, but when other cheerleaders start getting hurt, Buffy must get to the bottom of what's going on.

It's all starting to click into place. Xander's funny bits come naturally in this episode, and I already feel the kinship between Buffy, Xander, and Willow. It's like they'd known each other for a few months already, even though this is only episode 3. The Whedon dialog is really flowing too.


Here we are introduced to Amy, who I had not realized came into the show so early.

Not too much to say about this one, other than it starts of as a baddie of the week episode and manages to throw a serious plot twist at me that I didn't remember and was surprised by all over again.

I've said it several times before, but I feel it should be said again. While these early episodes aren't representative of the show that it would become, it's still great and the writing is really stand out on so many episodes. This is just another example of that.

6/10

No comments: