Monday, September 29, 2008

1.6 - The Pack

Xander and some guys get possessed by a hyena. Xander gets to act evil.


Man, this first season is rough. It's very "freak of the week" in it's presentation. This episode is fine if you put along side anything else from that time, but when you hold it up to a modern show or to Buffy in the next season or later, it's just not very good.

One notable thing did happen though.

Spoiler.

The principle gets eaten by the possessed kids. It's not something you expect to see happen, but they're establishing early on that bad things happen in this town and no one is safe.

I give it a 6/10. I would have given it a 5, but I am adding a point for what they did to the principal.

2 comments:

Andres Salazar said...

not bad episode.

I liked the idea of this PACK mentality. In high school I knew people very much like this.

Heath Holland said...

No, it's not bad. It's not really that great either, to me. You'll see once you get a little farther...this just isn't the prime of this show. they were still trying to find their voice. There's still some witty banter and some surprises (the principal) that set it apart from other stuff on TV in it's time.